Need an insurnce plan? The SPCCU has you covered! Check out our insurance products below.
The Family Indemnity Plan
What is the Family Indemnity Plan?
The Family Indemnity Plan (FIP) offers financial comfort during difficult time – providing a benefit to be used to cover the funeral cost for yourself and eligible family members. The FIP provides for a total of up to six (6) eligible family members’ to be insured at any one time.
Who are the eligible family members covered?
- The member (up to age 75 years)
- Member’s spouse or significant other
- Member’s Significant other – a person of the opposite sex who lives with the member and is considered to be the Insured’s common-law spouse.
- Unmarried dependents between the ages (1 to 25 years – biological or non-biological)
- Member’s parents or spouse’s parents (up to 75 years)
Documentary Requirements to enroll for the FIP
- Valid Government-issued picture identification for all proposed insured age eighteen (18) years and over. (Identification Card, Passport or Driver’s Permit)
- Valid Birth Certificate for all proposed dependents seventeen (17) years and under.
- Proof of address for the primary certificate holder and all proposed insureds age eighteen (18) years over, in the form of a recent utility bill (no more than three (3) months), or an account statement from a regulated financial institution.
Where do I submit a claim and what are the requirements?
- You must submit the claim at the Credit Union. You must present the original death certificate and proof of age showing name and date of birth of the deceased in the form of: Identification card, driver’s permit, passport or birth certificate.
- For more information, terms and conditions, please enquire at the credit union.
Choose the Plan That Suits You!
Benfit of $5000
Benfit of $7,500
Benfit of $10,000
Benfit of $15,000
Ready to enroll? Fill out the enrollment form here!
To learn more go to our Products & Services page: